Friday, March 18, 2011

Well here is an update on what has been going on in the Anderson house.

On March 9th i worked until 5 and when I got home Drew was in alot of pain. He got in the tub to try and relax and I cooked me some dinner noticed that our fridge was not working told Drew. So he had to get it working and was on a ladder in so much pain with his stomach. I then told him that we need to go to the hospital and 20 min later we went. He was admitted at 12:30am.They had him on a IV and meds so I went home so I could try and get some sleep. I was back to the hospital bright and early waiting to see what the Dr had to say. Well she wanted him to relax and see if it would pass so we just hung out all day.At this point he has a tube going into his nose down to his stomach to keep every thing out and to give his intestines a break and the tube is making him vomit. They remove the tube as he could not sleep with out holding his head up and his chin down with the tube in. His happy now that is gone. Now it's Friday and she has came in and I was not up there yet and he is going in to have surgery. Wow I already know that this is going to be along day. They came and got him at 3:00 for his surgery I waited in his room with my mom & dad and Drew's dad. The Dr came back and said that it went really good they had to remove some of his intestines from where the last operation that the Crones was in the same spot as last time and that has caused him to have a blockage and the tube was back in. And that he would be back in the room in about an hour. So I went to dinner with my mom & dad Drew's dad went home. Drew got back to his room and was in alot of pain. I asked them to give him more meds so he could relax. I went home a few hours later so I could sleep and hope that he would be able to if nobody was in the room with him. Back to the hospital I go I didn't sleep much so I'm pretty tired at this post and it's only Saturday. Dr came in and went over everything with us again and said that he needs to get up and start walking to get things moving. Sunday they took the tube out again yea he says that its the best thing ever and that I wouldn't understand because I have never had one. Monday & Tuesday I went to work but I would first go to the hospital and help Drew get ready for the day and walk with him and wait for the Dr. I would then go to work and after work go right back to the hospital and the vist for a few hours. So Tuesday after work I'm back up to see him and when I went into the room he was in alot of pain again and had a fever. I go and ask them to call the Dr and see if she would come back to the room. She comes and said that everything is fine that it's going to hurt until the intestines tart working. So she leaves I go and get some copies for FMLA and turn around and he is standing by me and said that he had passed some gas. All the nurses start clapping this is good news for us. Well Wed I went to work first and then was up to help him around 8:30 by this time he is so ready to go home. The Dr came in and said that it was going to be another day or so. What a bummer as we were hoping that he could come home today. So I go back to work. at 3:30 I'm back to the hospital and I was packing up items that friends and family have sent to Drew and the Dr comes in. For all of you that know me I make faces like oh crap I'm busted. She then looks and me and said what is that face for and Drew and I start laughing. Drew told her that I always make them and she said well I think you can go home but you have to take it easy and I want to see you in a week. He smiled and said ok lets do this. So we are home now he is resting and I'm back to work he goes back to the Dr to get all 26 Staples removed I will keep you posted he will not be able to go back to work until March 28. I hope that he starts feeling better again. Sorry about the spelling and if this is all over the place I have alot going on right now. I will post next week with an update

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Char....I'm so glad he is doing better and the surgery went ok. Love you guys!

Em said...

WOW I am so sorry he and you had to go through all that. I am glad he is doing better.